We will have a new display for Heritage Open Days in September 2014.
Free entry, free parking, childrens activities, guided tours of the Keep including artist's studios upstairs, photography activity (bring your camera), refreshments.
A sample of visitors' comments:
- The Keep has been a complete revelation. Steeped in history yet with contemporary relevance – full of practising artists making contemporary art. Reading is very fortunate to have a place like the Keep.
- Fantastic to see a beautiful old building in Reading being used for such a good cause. Thank you.
- Thank you for using such an historic building for the ‘real’ people. Lovely to have the choice to stand in history and see the future in the artwork and exhibitions – harmoniously alongside the ‘museum’ items.
- Fascinating and very friendly and informal trip round a local landmark I’ve walked past many times and wondered about!
- Friendly staff/volunteers who are approachable and ready to answer any q’s. Honoured to have seen upstairs working space in the watch tower and displays downstairs were thought provoking. A trip back in time.
- A very interesting guide to the keep. The keep itself is delightful. Thank you very much for the tour